Tuesday, April 2, 2013

'I will continue steadily to fight until cancer allows up' - CNN International

(CNN) -- It looks like the opposite of that which you had assume, but my cancer diagnosis -- a staggering Stage IV colon cancer diagnosis, delivered to me at the age of 28 -- gave a new lease to me on life. It has changed me, and enriched my entire life, in ways that I never would have imagined. Even yet in as soon as I learned of my diagnosis, and the grim diagnosis that followed, I was not scared. I wasn't unfortunate. I did not have a pity party for myself, and I wasn't angry. I was ready. I was willing to fight this illness head-on and present myself -- and everybody else -- what I was made of. I thought that my will to survive, to thrive, to laugh and love and enjoy my life -- could take me through any physical challenge. And it's. Forty-six rounds of chemo (and counting), three procedures, 10 rounds of radiation, and here I'm. I am still fighting. And I will continue steadily to fight until cancer gives up, while there is no way I will. My fighting and competitive nature has served me well, but my ability to likely be operational to understanding has been equally beneficial. Through the duration of my time battling cancer, I've learned therefore much about looking after my mind, body, and heart. Just months after my analysis, I made the jump to strict veganism. I drink green juice, maybe not liquor. I exercise daily. I manage stress levels and I make sure I always get enough rest. Acupuncture, reiki and guided meditation has been done by me. I take deep breaths. I laugh and laugh and appreciate beautiful things and listen to great music. I relax in my life and I am continually grateful. Getting sick was the way in which I learned how exactly to be well. 'On Looking': The planet you're maybe not seeing Definitely, the most effective part of my cancer-killing activities has been being a part of a residential area of cancer warriors and their family members. My fellow patients tend to be more than just friends. They're my brothers and sisters in this battle. I enjoy with them, If they prosper through therapy. And when they struggle -- or die -- I'm in the same way upset about this like they were part of my family. That's because they're. My closest friend in the cancer planet, a fellow soldier and an incredible lady named Annette, died at the end of last year. Dropping her has been one of many hardest things I've ever endured to endure. But her fighting and undefeatable spirit, and my need to honor her, have helped fuel the fire within my belly. It has helped me push forward with my mission: My mission for the remedy. It's called The Wunder Challenge. An easy but revolutionary motivation that considers every penny donated planning to cutting-edge research that I am hoping will get us to the cure for colon cancer within 10 years. It sounds ridiculous, right? The cure. But this really is true. And I am betting my entire life on it. Many months before, I asked my physician -- a oncologist and researcher at USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center named Heinz-Josef Lenz -- some simple questions. If you had most of the profit the entire world, could colon cancer be cured by you? Are you aware what measures to take to cure the illness? Is income the only thing standing in the method of the remedy? The solution to all or any of those questions was an emphatic yes. His dream team and lenz -- researchers and boffins from the Usa and abroad -- are sure that they can find the treatment for colon cancer if they have the funds to complete the required large-scale research and drug development that the team has long been known for. KISS frontman: I'm deaf in a single ear It's my mission, and my work, to lead the movement to boost these funds so they can do their work. It is my job to start out something unprecedented, an international uprising against cancer, focused only on helping the study required to change the face of cancer permanently -- for many of us. The aim of The Wunder Project is always to increase $250 million in two years. Through that money, we hope to truly have the remedy in less than ten years. It seems like a difficult goal -- to obtain the treatment for cancer -- but it is possible. It's inside our knowledge. And I will make sure that we use this opportunity. For Annette, for myself, and for my fellow cancer fighters. From the moment I was diagnosed, I knew it was not the finish of the line for me personally. I think that I always knew, deep down, that it had been the finish of the line for cancer. And through The Wunder Project, I know it'll be.

Link: Another Study Sees No Vaccine-Autism Link

No comments:

Post a Comment