Sunday, March 3, 2013

Multiple Negative Breast Cancer Day raising funds for a cure - Fox News

The solution could be no, if I was able to see myself where I'm today last year if you asked me. I left work early for a and ultrasound on a mysterious lump in my left breast, on February 29, 2012. I didnat return to work that morning. I was identified as having breast cancer at the young age of 30. Immediately after my diagnosis I found out I'd triple negative breast cancer, that is negative for three receptors commonly found in tumors such as estrogen, her2 and progesterone. This form of breast cancer is aggressive and disproportionately affects young women under 40, African American women and women who've a mutation called BRCA1, that I have. Discovering you've this disease is frightening and at times, overwhelming. We do not have are several treatment options for other forms of breast cancer such as tamoxifen or Herceptin. We've surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and prayer that once in remission, it never returns. Every 30 minutes, a woman is diagnosed with multiple negative breast cancer. The Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation works feverishly to be sure no woman who's identified as having triple negative breast cancer is alone a and is raising funds to work at a cure. One way is via a grassroots movement to improve funds named Triple Negative Breast Cancer Day which is on March 3, 2013. aThe TNBC Foundation is introducing the inaugural Triple Negative Breast Cancer Day on March 3, 2013. AOur goal is to use this time to expand our national presence while making an impression on health care services, professionals, policy-makers and individuals across the country,a said Hayley Dinerman, Acting Executive Director of the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. "At the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation, our only focus is always to go with triple negative breast cancer patients in most they proceed through, as we energize the medical community to discover a break through," said Dinerman. There are many methods for getting involved. TNBC Day has local activities all across the nation, now until March 3. I'm among its champions, which really is a band of women who are helping arrange the activities, pitch ideas and create fundraiser pages. To find out more, please visit www.tnbcfoundation.org. Today I am in remission and have completed all my treatment. It was really a difficult year, but certainly the assistance I received from TNBC Foundation has assisted me through every step. I am pleased to work with the Inspiration to raise money for research for a treatment and make sure no young person ever needs to panic or feel alone when confronted with this diagnosis. Annie Goodman is a producer for "Your World With Neil Cavuto" at Fox News Channel in New York. Search for more posts and updates from Annie on her survival from double negative breast cancer on FoxNewsHealth.com. It is possible to follow Annie on Twitter at @annieg917

Link: Spinning, running at night, define and not losing volume? A review by HowStuffWorks answers

No comments:

Post a Comment