Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Jerry Ludwig: In some cases, it's OK to add a second layer of roof shingles - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

Dear Jerry: I'm getting two different replies to my future project. We have a 1999 Skyline doublewide manufactured home, which has a roof that I will be replacing in the near future. The roof has one layer of supposedly 25- or 30-year-old shingles. The roof is 28 feet wide by 56 feet long.

We lost about five year's worth of the granules or stones off the roof due to a hailstorm. The roof still looks OK to me, but I am not qualified to know the answer.

My question is, here in the Victor area, would we need a tear-off first and then go with architectural shingles, or can one go over the existing first (layer) ...

Via: Beer, sports and hydration: things to consider

No comments:

Post a Comment